Monday, August 20, 2007

Totally Exhausted!!!


First day back with students. When it came to walking, I over did it. This was my first day back since the last spring. The young people in my classes seem great and the day went smoothly; I just need to ease back into the physical aspects of the job. I am going to skip tonight's workout (Technically, I have already had one!) and try to get into the gym later in the week.

It was interesting to see colleagues at varying levels of preparedness. Some seemed to be flying by the seat of their pants, while others had elaborate plans which included diving right into the curriculum. During the first few days, I find team building is extremely important and has rewards that last all year long. Beginning of the year assessments also help to inform my instruction when it comes to meeting individual student needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment