Sunday, January 03, 2010

Resolutions

I am exhausted, but determined to post something today. Max is a 22 week old bundle of energy and, if you haven't figured it out, I am a low energy person.

He is still nipping. It feels alot like biting if you're nipped :( I'm trying the "withold attention" approach when he nips, but it is slow going. Everyone tells me to work him hard to burn off as much of that energy as possible during the day. Let's just say our 4 1/2 mile walk wore me out, but he was still jumping around and ready for action. When he is not running, jumping, and nipping, he is humping everyone or thing in sight. He was neutered two weeks ago, but the humping remains an issue.

Back to the point of this post...My resolutions this year are pretty general yet necessary.
  1. Socialize more
  2. Use my camera more
  3. When I exit a room in my house or get out of my car, do one thing to leave it in a better state than it was when I entered. (It could anything from doing dishes to throwing away mail left on the counter.) It would be nice if I could do this with every situation or person I encounter, but I figure I'll start small and work my way up. Truthfully,this is a sneaky of admitting that I failed (once again) to keep my house cleaner last year, so I'm still working on that ;)

Gotta go. Tomorrow we try the long walk with Max wearing a weighted doggie back pack (per vet and trainer advice). I figure he can also carry my water, B12 and pain pills ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment