Monday, December 28, 2009

Winding Down 2009

Emotionally and professionally, this has been the most difficult year I have ever had. I was considering the coming year when I remembered how the current year began. I acknowledge it was going to be a year of work, but did not realize how overwhelming the "work" would be. I don't mind hard work as long as I have something to show for it when all is said and done.

So, what do I have to show for 2009?

1. My administrator's heartfelt appreciation for the effort and professionalism I put into my work (as far as I'm concerned the bottle of Gerwurzterminer I received for Christmas was a sincere gesture).

2. The unconditional love of the most energetic Jack Chi puppy (Max) on the planet. Yes, a low energy person can learn to love a high energy dog; however, I must admit there are times when I wonder what on I Earth I was thinking when I brought home this bundle of love, energy, and WORK.

3. Friends and family that are always there for me.

4. A house that has become a home in spite of the changing neighborhood in which I reside.

The new year is coming into view as a year of love and acceptance. On many levels, that may be more daunting than any of the challenges I have faced in '09. I believe this journey begins with acknowledging, accepting, and embracing the many qualities and passions that make me uniquely me. The remainder of the journey is in living the life that is uniquely mine and focusing on the good I can do and experience along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment