Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Whew!!!

With RIF notices looming, our school has been a whirlwind of activity. I would have never thought this possible, but we have actually been busier than usual. Yesterday, we had a site visit from the Distinguised Schools panel (From what I hear, the panel was pleased with what they saw. We'll find out if we get this illustrious honor some time in April.) We work very hard to get the results we get, and that is the point of this post.

For a little over a month, I have had swollen glands popping up here and there, and an allergic reaction to something on my right leg. My doctor said the glands might be due to a dental problem and the allergic reaction could be from a number of things. During the past week and a half, dental pain became a problem. My dentist put me on antibiotics and sent me to an endodontist for a consultation. The antibiotics and warm compresses are reducing the glandular swelling. I had been trying to get an appointment after work hours to see the endodontist, but lately there is always something that requires I stay later. While rescheduling my appointment for the second time, I decided to take today off. I saw the endodontist (No root canal needed!!! The consensus is that the pain is possibly due to grinding my teeth while I'm sleeping.), missed a fundraiser assembly, and got some rest. FYI, this won't keep me from having my grades entered, by Thursday, in a program that can only be accessed using district computers during a designated three day window (Does that sound like a complaint?).

One of my colleagues recently pointed out that no one would ever know I wasn't feeling well because I only look tired or stressed when I let my guard down. (Complement?) I may never know the source the swollen glands or the rash (which cortisone cream is taking care of), but I think that stress and a lack of meaningful rest are playing a part in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment