Saturday, January 31, 2009

More Random Thoughts

For the first 28 days of this year, my feet have felt firmly planted on the ground and my head above the clouds. That ended on Friday. I was clearly weighed down by all the demands and obstacles of reality. We had the writing prompt on Thursday, an assembly on Friday, and there's MAPS testing on Monday. I hope, despite the interruptions, I can get through the pacing guide standards in time for the next benchmark test.

In today's local newspaper, there was an article about recent local Chinese New Year celebrations. This is the year of the ox. Oxen represent...You guessed it...WORK. It is followed by the year of the tiger, victory. I did not know this before. It confirms my feelings about this year, and gives me hope for a reward when the work is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment