Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Deadline



YA Book Challenge

Deadline is the story of a young man (17) who finds out he has one year to live. How will he live out his last days? He has a plan but as we all know, things never go quite as planned.

I finished this novel some time ago but never got around to posting a review. This was my first Chris Crutcher novel, and it had my attention from page one. Not only was the ending not what expected, at every turn this novel took my into corners and crevices of modern life which I normally cover my eyes as I pass. Crutcher just put the ugly side of life out there, showed how people deal with it, and moved on to the next obstacle. From what I hear Mr. Crutcher is good at this sort of thing. Admittedly, there were parts which required a suspension of belief, but what good entertainment doesn't. Not only would I recommend this book to others, I have already passed it on to several friends.

Rating: 10/10

2 comments:

  1. I noticed on Francine Haddad's hip replacement website that you were having some hip problems. I just had THR three months ago and am experiencing the same type of pain in the side as you were. Did it go away after another year? Climbing stairs is difficult but could be worse. I live in a split level home, so need to get use to the stairs. I am having TKR in two weeks. That I am hoping will solve some other issues. I do my exercises faithfully and walk about 1 to 1.5 miles daily. The walking is the best pt I do. How are you now? How was standing in school this past year? I am an executive director of a county historical society and museum and find that I get very stiff if I am at my desk too much. Do you have some stiffness?
    Enough...thank you for you comments.Charleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:13 PM

    Tell me more about therastem treatments. It sounds intriging. Go to my website and my email address is there. That will eliminate the non-private comments.
    thanks...CH

    ReplyDelete