Sunday, June 01, 2008

Recent Reads (Within the Last Two Months)





Chosen by a Horse by Susan Richards
Harcourt Books 2006

This was book sent to me by a former co-worker (I just love book swapping!), and I must say it was a very good read. I’m not a horse person (Sorry), but that did not stop me from enjoying this book. What drew me was the story of getting back into the dating game after a divorce. It takes different things to draw a person back in and teach them to trust again, even animals. I could definitely relate to the main characters journey back into dating.

Sometimes novels with this theme sometimes remind me of a jerky ride with someone who is just learning to drive a manual transmission car; however, this was a very smooth read.

9/10

My Themed Book Challenge List:

1. How Stella Got Her Groove Back by Terry McMillan Chosen by a Horse by Susan Richards
2. Eat, Love, Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert (this one will be a second reading)
3. Without Reservations: The Travels of an Independent Woman by Alice Steinbach
4. An Italian Affair by Laura Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment