Monday, June 23, 2008

Change in Plans



It's funny how life has a way of altering your priorities. When my vacation started I had a very clear idea of how my time and money would be spent this summer. Since that time my priorities have been changed.

Thursday night, my AC went out. Considering the fact that we are in the midst of a heat wave, that sucks.

For the past few months my laptop has been cutting off every 40 minutes or so. Now it is at every 8-10 minutes. That makes it difficult to get anything done, however, I may have discovered the cause of this problem. This morning I took it off the desk and positioned it in my lap in such a way that more air was able to circulate under the computer (no, it was not a very "ladylike" sitting position). It stayed on the entire time I was working. I believe it has been overheating (I just did some research and found out that this is a common problem with Toshiba laptops). It apparently needs some cleaning and one of the fans is not working.

Between these two situations is one very bored middle school teacher with a new to do list for the summer.

1. Get AC repaired (the repairman will be here this afternoon).
2. Buy desktop computer to use at home while laptop is being repaired and cleaned. I need my internet fix and unlike ms_teacher I am not Blackberry ready.
Depending on the cost of these two items that may be the extent of my summer spending. The remainder of my summer adventure will be determined by the kindness of strangers and friends, coupons, and my own resourcefulness. This could turn out to be quite an adventure after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment