Thursday, February 05, 2009

Confirmation


One of the changes I made this year was switching to an increasingly gluten-free diet and drinking less caffeine. Yes CTG, I no longer indulge in my usual morning mugs. I now drink Teechino during the week and have ONE mug of "real" coffee or ONE green tea soy latte on Saturday mornings. Last year, I eliminated dairy products. (I've even found a pizza place that meets my dietary requirements.) My skin has cleared up significantly, and, for first time in my life I don't need to use Beconase or Flonase to avoid congestion when I bend over or lie down. I was in the doctor's office today (nothing major) and told the PA about the recent changes I'd made. He informed me he had just attended a seminar on the value of a gluten-free diet in children with upper respiratory problems. He wasn't surprised by my results and told me to continue my dietary regimen. Not that I needed it, but confirmation is always nice. I have to keep this in mind when students make choices that can change their lives for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment