Sunday, February 01, 2009

Blog Imoprovement


The last two week blog improvement challenge (posted Jan 19th) has to do with content. I really need help in this area, but time has not permitted me to put a lot of work into this part of the challenge. Time seems to be the biggest enemy for me. I have the same 24 hours as everyone else. Mine are just pulled in too many directions.

When it comes to generating ideas, I agree that they are everywhere. On other blogs, in classrooms, in the news, on the road, in the neighborhood...You get the idea. Journaling (yes, I mean the old-fashioned pen and paper kind of journaling) helps me to keep track of some the things I find noteworthy. What I have to do is work on dedicating time to writing. It takes time to prepare the grist for the mill and then to do the appropriate revision and editing a good post requires. I usually have concentrated time for writing on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons, but during the week time is just too fragmented to do anything worthwhile.

With regard to an original regular feature, I have an idea for a bi-monthly Catty Corner" which would feature my cat, Kobi, and other cats that influence me. More in the coming weeks on that. Let me get a slightly better grip on time management first.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:43 PM

    I love that you can keep a journal. I've tried several times, but either forget or put it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:59 PM

    I've felt particularly stretched the last few weeks, so I totally know what you mean. I also need to just decide on some time each day to do blog stuff, instead of getting distracted by other things and then feeling way behind on writing and reading and commenting.

    Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though your time is fragmented during the week, you can still jot down ideas for your concentrated writing time on the weekends. (I have a feeling that I'm preaching to the choir, am I right?)

    ReplyDelete