Sunday, October 21, 2007

Restoration


"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
-Thomas A. Edison



Yesterday, I attended the Promising Practices conference in San Diego. My district wouldn't cover it, but I needed refreshing so badly I was willing to cover the costs out of my own pocket. The presentations were informative, but the thing I needed most actually came from one of the keynote speakers, Alan Sitomer. I attended a workshop he conducted about five years ago and found him just at refreshing yesterday as he was then. He is a speaker and sometimes that's what you really need. You do not need a packet. You do not wish to share with your "neighbor". You just need a pep talk from someone who is going through it and knows October is rough. I'm glad I went.

I spent the rest of the day resting. Now, I have grading, planning, and housework to do. Restoration has its price.

No comments:

Post a Comment