Wednesday, October 03, 2007

In Need of a Vaction


The cares of life weigh heavy. At times like this, it's best to retreat and regroup. I tried the retreating part last weekend; however, my relaxing writing retreat weekend was not enough. The massage I got yesterday was not enough. I need an actual vacation. Thanksgiving break is too far away. Hmmm...away. Yes, I will run away for a weekend. No papers to grade. No litter box to clean. No clothes to wash. No bills to pay. Just fresh linens and chocolate on my pillow. On second thought, I have too many responsibilities to run away. Instead, I will spend the weekend lost (a form of away) in a good book. Yes, in my pajamas, it just might work. Now let's see, I think I'll pencil that in for three weeks from now.

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed catching up on your blog. This stained glass window scene is beautiful. It reminds me I want to go on vacation, too. Somewhere that has quiet nooks and crannies like this.

    ReplyDelete