Saturday, December 29, 2007

Young Adult Challenge 2008



Okay, it is true, I didn't get very far in the Armchair Traveler Challenge. I like the idea of book challenges, (They will definitely help with one item on my '08 To Do List.) so I'm giving it another try. Here is my booklist for the Young Adult Challenge 2008:

1. *2/08 Day of Tears: A Novel in Dialogue by Julius Lester
2. *7/08 The Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe by Douglas Adams
3. Cut by Patricia McCormick
4. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
5. *2/08 Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
6. Bounce by Natasha Friend
7. *7/08 Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
8. Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
9. Something from the Artemis Fowl Series
10. *7/08 The Bell Jar by Sylvia Path
11. Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Crutcher
12. *7/08 Messenger by Lois Lowery

Alternate:
*4/08 Deadline by Chris Crutcher
*6/08 Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech

* indicates the book has been finished.

4 comments:

  1. Stargirl is one of my all-time favorite books! i hope you enjoy it. i also really liked Twilight when i read it (and the sequels) with my daughters this year.

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the YA Challenge! I'm glad you decided to give challenges another chance. There's NO PRESSURE to finish. The focus is to enjoy our reads. Even if you only read one...it's one more than you had read before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes is such a great book. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill,
    I just found out about this one and can't wait to read it.

    Joy,
    Thanks for the enouragement.

    ReplyDelete