Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ahh...The Good Life!


My mother and I went to see The Color Purple today. The play was okay and so was our dinner. To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the book or they movie. My mother said she wanted to go (friends of hers had seen it and raved about it). Two days before the show I found out my mom did not care for the book or the movie either. Needless to say, that set the stage for disappointment with the play. For dinner,we drove back to the IE and went to Le Bellissimo French Bistro. I was a little disappointed because I love French food and was expecting more of a gastric delight than I got. Perhaps I ordered the wrong thing. I will give it one more try but not until spring or summer break. A good friend is teaching me that it is okay to enjoy some of the finer things in life (i.e. good food, good wine, and good entertainment); however, I try to spread out my "money is no object" evenings. Otherwise, money actually becomes more than an object...it becomes a problem.

2 comments:

  1. Color Purple just became available on TDF. I bought tickets for next week.

    Come to think of it, I didn't love the movie either but I have been wanting to see the show. I'll let you know how I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pissed Off,

    I have to add that the songs which accompanied the play were pretty good. I am sure you will enjoy that part.

    ReplyDelete