Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday 56

I came across the game below at Discussion Forum - Book Blogs

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Okay, I know it seems like I made this up, but I really was standing by my Bible when I read came across this game. It was the closest book.

Here's the line from page 56, 5th sentence:

"Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colors."

I value all of my accomplishments, but it seems the ones I make as I grow older bring me the greatest pleasure because I have a clearer understanding of just how precious opportunities are and am able to take more pleasure in the preparation and hard work needed to seize one.

As promised here's the link to the person who started this game:

http://storytimewithtonya.blogspot.com/2008/12/fruday-56-121208.html

Your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment