Monday, January 23, 2006

Ghana and Other Humanitarian Efforts

My departure date is almost here. All the major details have been attended to and my excitement is beginning to build.

On another note, my book club students have chosen to do a service project in response to a book we recently read. We will be sending boxes to Mongolia and Guatemala. I am excited about this opportunity as well. We will be working with AmeriCares and I feel that this connection will be an ongoing one.

Lately, humanitarian works have really been on my heart. I didn't say evangelical because humanitarian is what is drawing me. I would rather my life than my words be the thing I use to draw people. The Bible says that we should always be ready to give an account for the hope that lies within us. They should see my life and be drawn to ask. If people ask about my life, my passions, etc...that will be my opportunity to witness and share. For me, that has proven to be more productive and of lasting impact than some in your face, sugar coated, confrontational approach that can seem self-centered (aren't I good) rather than a genuine desire to share the Good News! with them. We call it "Good News", but do we live like we have heard it and that it is active in our lives. Even I must admit not always. Let the good news be the focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment